Week 11-13: Easter
Updated: May 19, 2019
I had planned to work over the easter holidays but I ended up loosing a significant amount of time over these three weeks. The holidays have definitely been a slump in progress but despite of this, I managed to get some work done to the player controller, ran a few optimisation passes on my blueprints, and started creating icons for the character menu. The abilities now must now be unlocked through the menu and I have optimised the modular character system using new blueprints that I created for enemy randomisation. This system uses a select node instead of a switch, which means adding new items into the game is as simple as expanding the maximum integer for the respective socket, and the appropriate mesh in the select node. Enemies will spawn with random appearances and colours, taken from a predefined range.